Refining and Defining. This is my current season. I am learning a great deal about how to be more effective with my blogging hobby.
I am pulled back and forth between my desire to remain hidden in the shadows and my desire to do more with all that I have been entrusted with by God. I am an avoider of the spotlight and a lover of the back wall, but feel a prompting to put myself out there a bit more.
I can either continue with status quo, or take a few risks and see where it all leads.
So, I am in process (Aren’t we all?). I am unsure of what the future holds and exactly how God is directing my steps, but in the meantime, I’m doing all I can to prepare. I want to be ready for what He has for me.
One of my first steps was to attend the Words Conference held outside of Charlotte a couple of weeks ago.
Have you ever been to a place where you felt, “I have found my people!”? The other writers, bloggers, and communicators seemed much further along in their journey than myself, but I knew I belonged. They spoke my language and caught my heart.
I was greatly encouraged by everyone at this conference, but I also came away with quite a bit of work to do. Here is your official heads-up that this blog will be receiving quite a bit of TLC in the coming months.
Some things you can expect to be happening:
- Alfelfa Sprouts will change its name. I love the cutesy-ness and the ability to hide a bit in this name, but I have to face the facts. Nobody can spell it. Why do I spend hours thinking, writing, editing, searching, digging, praying about this place, and give it a name no one can find? It will be replaced with something much more simple, and I’m trying to come to terms with the fact that the name of the blog may need to coincide with the name of the person who writes it. Goodbye shadows.
- The tagline is changing. I am praying and asking questions about the who, what, and why these words are being written. I have been told that people need to know what to expect from me, and I need to make that much easier to discover.
- Perhaps the hardest part of all of this (for me at least), is the visual side of this blog. I have been doing this as a hobby. I don’t seek endorsements or payments, and as such, I try to avoid spending money. But, sometimes doing something with excellence requires investment. I want my readers to find a place of beauty and belonging.
I will continue my goal of posting bi-weekly while working to make improvements and changes along the way. I do not know how long all of this will take, because, quite frankly, I don’t know how long all of this will take! It will depend on resources and time I can carve out of my day.
In the meantime, I crave any sort of feedback you can provide! As one of my readers, I greatly value your input. Would you be so kind as to help answer some questions?
- When you come to this blog, what are you hoping to find?
- What are your favorite types of posts?
- How would you summarize this place in a few words?
- Are you a person who understands branding/blogging themes/all the visual things I know nothing about? Where can you point me for guidance?
- Anything else you want to share with me?
I am so incredibly grateful for all of you who read these words each time I post. You are a friend to me and I hope you feel the same in return!